DSA’s FSS reaches out to parents of persons with Down syndrome by enabling them to work in an informed manner. The endeavour is to ease the stress of parents by providing a better understanding of the common issues faced, by bringing in experts to share their knowledge and skills with them; and to provide information or referrals to other services they may need to avail.
Key programmes under Family Support Services:
- Parent Mentorship Programme
- To guide and journey with other fellow parents or new parents
- Educational /life planning counselling
- Discussion on different educational pathways for children
- Life opportunities and planning for adults
- Knowledge-/skills-based talks and workshops related to:
- Development /growth
- Legal issues
- Family Enrichment and Bonding activities
- Assistance and guidance to new parents or expectant parents
- Outreach Programmes
- Resource Library comprising of books and educational toys for parents to borrow
For more information, please contact us.